By PTI – BANGALORE
04th August 2012 08:04 PM
Subhash Padeel has been booked under the stringent Act, Ashoka, who holds the Home and Transport portfolio, told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
So far 23 persons, including Padeel (who is the city coordinator of Hindu Jagarana Vedike), have been arrested in connection with the July 28 incident, he said.
Thirteen students, including five girls, celebrating the birthday of one of them at a homestay on the outskirts of Mangalore were targetted by alleged activists of “Hindu Jagarana Vedike” who accused them of indulging in “immoral activities”.
Television footage also showed them misbehaving with and assaulting some girls, with the episode evoking public outrage.
Ashoka also said select police officials and personnel are proposed to be trained by the Border Security Force to deal with threats from naxal and terrorism front.
- Mangalore Homestay Attack Victim Barred From College Exam #moralpolicing #VAW #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Creative writers speak up against #moralpolicing in Mangalore #VAW (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Mangalore: Hindu Janajagrana Vedike GOONS Thrash Girls #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Yesterday, Guwahati. Today, Mangalore. Tomorrow, where else? And again… And again… #VAW (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- UPDATE – Mangalore mob attack: Eight arrested for thrashing women inside a resort (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Mangalore attackers behaved like animals: victim #Moralpolicing #VAW (kractivist.wordpress.com)