National Human Rights Commission
I want to draw your kind attention regarding the matter of sexual abuse committed upon the minor victim boys by the perpetrator BSF personal. The incident took place within the jurisdiction of Swarupnagar Police Station, District-North 24 Parganas, West Bengal.
On the date of incident the perpetrator BSF personal took sexual pleasure by forcing the minor victim boys to act at his whims. Our attached fact finding report gives details of the incident. The incident continued for an hour. The heinous incident sexual torture and abuse committed upon the victim boys was primarily complained to the BSF Official but the family of the victim boys did not get any relief. One written complaint was lodged before the Superintendent of Police, North 24 Parganas informing the whole incident of sexual offence committed upon the minor victim boys by the perpetrator BSF personal. But till date no action has been taken by the said authority.
Hence we seek your urgent intervention regarding the following matters: –
· The whole matter must be investigated by Commission’s own investigating wing.
· The perpetrator BSF personal must be booked under the law and should be prosecuted under Section 377 of Indian Penal Code and the criminal law and the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000 considering the complaint lodged before the Superintendent of Police, North 24 Parganas.
· The victims and their families should be provided with adequate compensation as well as protection so that they do not come under threat or inducement.
National Convener, PACTI
Name of the victims: –
1. Master Sundar Sarkar (Name changed), son of- Mr. Shankar Sarkar, aged about- 9 years,
2. Master Hrishi Das (Name changed), son of- Mr. Rabin Das, aged about- 11 years,
3. Master Sujay Das (Name changed), son of- Mr. Deben Das, aged about- 8 years, all are residing at Village- Gunrajpur, Post Office- Govindapur, Police Station- Swarupnagar, District- North 24 Parganas, West Bengal, India.
Name of the perpetrator: – Mr. Ramkumar being BSF jawan at Gunrajpur BSF BOP under Police Station- Swarupnagar, District- North 24 Parganas
Date and time of the incident: – On 17.03.2013 at about 1 pm
Place of occurrence: – Inside Gunrajpur BSF Border Out-Post (BOP).
Case details: –
It is revealed during fact finding that on 17.03.2013 at about 1 pm Mr. Ramkumar being the BSF jawan of Gunrajpur BOP, BSF called the victims inside the Gunrajpur Border Out-Post while they were playing with each other on the street adjoining to the said out-post. After that the perpetrator BSF personal put off his wearing pant while they came inside the said out-post. The perpetrator BSF personal forced the victims to hold his genital and asked them to rub it by hands. The perpetrator BSF jawan started to enjoy sexual pleasure by abusing the victim boys. The victim Master Sagar Sarkar could be able to escape the place with fear. But other two minor victims could not be able to escape from that place. The perpetrator BSF personal forcibly penetrated his genital into the mouths of those minor victims and brutally seduced them for an hour. After that the perpetrator BSF personal illegally detained those minor victims after completely seducing them. The minor victims were seriously felt sick due to such inhuman sexual abuse the perpetrator BSF personal of that said BSF out-post. After that Master Hridoy Das and Sanjib Das returned to their homes and informed the whole incident to their family members. Ms. Laxmi Das, the mother of Master Hridoy Das went to that said BSF out-post to inform the whole incident to other BSF jawans of that said BSF camp taking with Mr. Sahidul Gaji, the member of local Gunrajpur Gram Panchayat. Mr. Sahidul Gaji talked with others jawans of that said BSF camp and told Ms. Laxmi Das to solve that matter in exchange of money. But she did not agree to do that. After that one BSF jawan called the Commanding Officer of the said out-post and informed him the whole incident. The Commanding Officer came to the camp and the whole matter was video recorded by them. After that he took her signature in a blank paper and told her that the total cost of medical treatment of those minor victims would be paid by them and also convinced her by saying that the perpetrator BSF personal would be punished regarding the matter of physical molestation upon the minor victims. After that the Commanding Officer threatened her saying that they would suffer if they dared to disclose the incident to anyone and also told the member of the Gram Panchayet not to disclose the matter to anyone.
On 02.04.2013, Ms. Laxmi Das lodged a written complaint on behalf of the victims before the Superintendent of Police, North 24 Pgs informing the whole incident of sexual abuse committed upon the minor victim boys by the perpetrator BSF personal. But till date no action has been taken by the said authority.
Birth Certificate of a victim boy
- West Bengal – Inhuman torture by BSF, false police case (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India -BSF jawan allegedly rapes mentally challenged girl #Vaw #Disability (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- Torture to death by police & faulty post mortem examination procedure (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- continuous attack on Human Rights Defenders , MASUM activists targetted (kractivist.wordpress.com)