NEW PEOPLE’S COMMISSION ON LAND SCAM
ENQUIRY INTO SRA SCAMS DECLARED
Mumbai, 10th : Ghar Bachao ghar Banao Andolan withdraws its 10 days long agitation, after having received certain concrete decisions and directions for further process on the issues related to housing rights and land scam with corruption in Mumbai.
The State Government has agreed to enquiry by the Principal Secretary, Housing into SRA projects in 6 localities- Golibar, Ambedkar Nagar, Mulud, Ramnagar-Ghatkopar, Chandivali, Sion-koliwada and Indira-nagar Jogeshwari, defining the modus operandis involving all stakeholders and holding public hearings.
Today, hundreds of women and men from various slums reached Mantralaya. They insisted and made their way into Mantralaya, upto 6thfloor and at least 500 people filed their individual applications for Rajiv Awas.
The State has also taken and conveyed a firm decision to take RAY ahead and Mandala RAY project proposal to the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai.
The Municipal Corporation of Mumbai through the Commissioner, has agreed to provide all amenities in slums we have listed from eastern and western suburbs as per 5- A of Slum Act, a review for the same will be carried in next 7 days.
It’s promised by MCGM to look into the violations of law, if any in Sion Koliwada and Jeevannapar redevelopment projects as well as wherever public amenities are destroyed before people getting shifted out.
MCGM has promised to hold meeting of officials and consider our recommendations to hold public hearings at level of community / unit of 3000 families, during development planning process- Existing and Planned Land Use.
With all the issues responded to, the Andolan decided to step back and out of Azad Maidan but with a warning that if all decisions are implemented and promises not fulfilled, we will march straight to Mantralaya with intensified struggle.
10 days long battle converted Azad Maidan into a battleground, but with much creative activities beginning with prayer in the morning and spirited songs till late night. Young activists burnt candles at night and returned with mashaals to their homes, only to return back early in the morning. Food came from different communities in slums as well as from supporter organisations. This andolan paved a new way in the arena of people’s movements.
Organised by : Ghar Bachao Ghar Banao Andolan, Janta Jagruti Manch, Shahar Vikas Manch, Ramabai Ambedkar Nagar Bachao Samiti, Nagari Niwara Haq Samiti, Waghini Sangathan, SRA Sangharsh Samiti, Bruhanmumbai Niwara Samanvaya Samiti
Affiliates of National Alliance of Peoples’ Movements
Contact: Madhuri Shivkar 09892143242 | Madhuri Wariyath 09820619174 | Sumit Wajale 09967875999 | Sandeep Yevale 09819307419
Previous Press Releases on this campaign :
- Press Release- Massive Corruption in Mumbai SRA projects exposed (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Who Are the Real ‘Encroachers’ In Mumbai ? #mustread #mustshare (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Govandi infants died of malnutrition, did not gain any weight after birth: HC panel (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- Unable to feed poor, Maharashtra makes them vanish #Wtfnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Narmada Bachao Andolan is not against development (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Thousands of urban poor march in Mumbai against builders (thehindu.com)
- Immediate Realease= #Maharashtra Struggle of Basti Dwellers (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- IMMEDIATE RELEASE-6TH DAY slumdwellers Fast ,No Response from the Govt, Media Blacksout (kractivist.wordpress.com)