PUCL, AP FACT FINDING COMMITTEE’S REPORT DATED: 24-02-2012/28-02-2012/12-03-2012 ON THE SUICIDE OF MR. Md. AKHIL ON 20-02-2012 IN BHAVANI NAGAR POLICE STATION LIMITS HYDERABAD, AP, INDIA
We P.U.C.L. members have formed a team of 7 members as Fact Finding Committee and visited Bhavani Nagar Police Station , Mogalpura Police Station, A.C.P – Santosh Nagar Division and D.C.P-C.C.S, Hyderabad regarding the suicide of Md.Akhil S/O Md.Ayaaz, Age 24 Years, Occ: Worker in Chappal Shop, R/O Nasheymaan Nagar, Bhavani Nagar, Hyderabad. Our team members are as follows:
1) Jaya Vindhayala (State President)
2) Md.Iqbal Khan ( State Vice-President)
3) Feroz Khan ( Twin Cities E C Member)
4) Saleem (Twin-Cities Vice-President)
5) Omer Uddin (PUCL Member)
6) B.Kranthi Kiran (PUCL Activist)
7) Nagaraju (PUCL Activist)
We visited the Bhavani Nagar police station on 24-02-2012 and took the permission in the reception to meet the Station house Officer i.e. Circle Inspector of Police (C.I), the constable told us that he is not in the station and told us to call (C.I)him once, among one of our team member called C.I and he told that he is not feeling well and told that it will take some time to come to the police station and immediately we called the Assistant Commissioner of Police, Santosh Nagar Division and he said that he is in meeting with the Commissioner of Police and for him also it will take time to come to his Office, and, we waited in the office room of the Sub-Inspector of Police, our team members have observed in the police station that the Lock-up Cell was full of Guthka Spit on the walls and there was foul smell in the station, we waited for 20 minutes in the station and we went to the Moghal Pura Police Station.
We proceeded to the Moghal Pura Police station, at 17:00 hrs, we took the permission in the reception and the constable told us, that the farewell party of one of the inspector of police, is going on, in the chamber of the inspector of police. We waited in the hall of the police station and we observed that the Lock-up cell was full of Miscellaneous items that belongs to the police personnels like lathi sticks, Jackets etc and there were guthka spits on the walls of the lock-up cell. As the farewell function of the outgoing C.I was over we went into the chamber of the C.I and introduced ourselves that we are from P.U.C.L and told that we came to as a Fact Finding Committee about the suicide of Md.Akhil S/o Md.Ayaaz, Age:24 years where this police station booked the case against him while he was involved in Communal Riots in the Year 2010 and the same officials opened Rowdy sheet against him, he told us that he himself opened the case but it has been transferred to the Bhavani Nagar Police Station where he was residing and his residence is of Nashemeeyan Nagar, Bhavani Nagar, Hyderabad.
As he further stated that the Nashemeeyan Nagar is very sensitive area and it comes under the Police Station limits of Bhavani Nagar and it is the border of Moghalpura Police Station, when ever there will be communal riots both the Communities(Muslims and Hindus) throws stones on each other and in other areas in this police station limits, for small incidents they will fight each other and if it is serious they will kill each other and in this police station there are 10 communal riots pending (All those who are involved in Communal Riots the police officials will open Rowdy Sheets), Valmiki Nagar is another sensitive area in the Moghalpura Police Station limits and we spoke to the leader of the Valmiki Nagar regarding the hygienic atmosphere between both the communities with the help of COVA (A NGO). He told us that we told those who are involved in the communal riots to be away from the riots if not Rowdy Sheets will be opened against them, and he further stated that he would think over the closure of the Rowdy Sheets against those persons who are involved in the communal riots and at present 13 Rowdy Sheets are pending in this Police Station and the population in the Moghalpura Police Station Area is around 2 lakhs and he further stated that there are Standing orders given by The Director General of Police regarding the closure of Rowdy Sheets (Communal Riots) and till now we have closed 6 to 7 cases.
On 28-02-2012, We met the Assistant Commissioner of Police, Santosh Nagar Division at 18:45, introduced ourselves as we are from P.U.C.L and told that we came to as Fact Finding Committee about the suicide of Md.Akhil S/O Md.Ayaaz, 24 years in Bhavani Nagar Police Station limits on 20-02-2012 which comes under your jurisdiction and asked him about the suicide of Md.Akhil and he said that the case was transferred to The Special Investigation team, Central Crime Station, Nampally, Hyderabad.
The A C P stated that in the Communal Riots most of the localities will throwing stones on each other by seeing other localities few with intention and few with instigation by others. Particularly in this case, Suspect Sheet has also been booked against his elder brother Khaleel who is 31 years old AND HE FURTHER STATED THAT AKHIL’S SUICIDE CASE IS UNDER INVESTIGATION AND STILL PENDING.
He further gave us a report of status of the pending cases in his jurisdiction consisting of Madannapet, Bhavani Nagar, Kanchanbagh and Santhosh Nagar Police Stations. As per records, cases booked like, number of Suspect Sheets in Communal (19), Non-Communal (60), Number of Sheets Booked in a Single case like Rowdy Sheets (11) and Suspects Sheets (16) and Number of Rowdy Sheets in Communal ( 29) and in Non –Communal(66).
He further stated that if any doubt arises we called the Leaders of the area as well as MIM and BJP leaders and told them that if there are any UNCONTROLLABLE communal riots OCCURRED in THEIR RESPECTIVE localities, the whole responsibility will be against the leaders only and the cases will be booked against the leaders ALSO under section146, 147,148,324 and 427 of IPC. He stated that if a criminal CASE is PENDING AGAINST THE PERSON, IF THEY ARE not involved in a case continuously for five years than all the criminal cases will be closed which are pending against that criminal and for those who are aged above 50 years also cases of communal riots will be closed.
Then, We visited the Bhavani Nagar Police Station at 20:00 HRS and we met the Station House Officer and introduced ourselves as we are from P.U.C.L and told that we came as a Fact Finding Committee about the suicide of Md.Akhil S/o Md.Ayaaz, 24 years. where the case of Communal Riots was pending against him before he committed suicide and he said that no official in his Police Station will harass the criminals and he stated regarding the Suicide of Md.Akhil that he was having financial problem and was involved in Cricket betting and Sub-Inspector of Police has been appointed as the investigation officer regarding his Suicide and he is conducting the investigation, but his family members are not co-operating the investigation as they are not providing proper evidence, he further stated that Md.Akhil is a very nice person and he was also sensitive. Md.Akhil would speak to him regularly, before he committed suicide he told him that he is going to Mumbai to bring the Chappal material for the shop where he was working and he told that he might have committed suicide as a suspected sheet has been booked against his elder brother Khallel and the Suicide note is also sent to the Forensic Laboratory and he further stated that he would be friendly with all the Rowdy Sheeters.
On 12-03-2012, We, P.U.C.L team met the D.C.P, C.C.S, Hyderabad. He told us that the issues related to the communal riots were investigated by the Special Investigation Team (S.I.T) under his supervision. He directed the S.I.T Circle Inspector to give us the details related to Md.Akhil.
The Circle Inspector told us, in 2010 three cases were registered against communal riots, Crime No 34/2010(this was registered on 29-03-2010) were Registered by the Bhavani nagar Police Station and Crime No 44/2010 concerned for Late Md Akhil, he was arrested using PT Warrants. Another case Registered by the Moghalpura Police Station as Crime No. 41/2010 (this was registered on 31-03-2010) and the same was transferred to Bhavani Nagar Police Station. No charge sheet was filed till today and still investigation is going on.
1) There would not be a National Leader’s photos or the photo of the leaders who fought against corruption or the photos of the police officials who sacrificed their life for the Nation in majority of the Police Stations in the same way we weren’t surprised to observe that there was not even a single National Leaders photo in the Bhavani Nagar Police Station, Moghal Pura Police Station and Office of the Assistant Commissioner of Police, But there were Photos of the God or Goddess in every Police Station like Sai Baba/Venkateshwara Swamy/ etc.
2) We couldn’t understand that, they said that the Communal Case on Md.Akhil was being investigated by the C.C.S ( Crime Nos: 34/2010, 41/2010 and 44/2010 ) and they said that the case of suicide (FIR No 30/2012, U/S 174 Cr.P.C, dated: 20-02-2012, Bhavani Nagar Police Station, Hyderabad ) was being investigated by the S.I. of Bhavani Nagar Police Station, Hyderabad ???
3) Md.Akhil is a resident in the limits of the Bhavani Nagar Police Station and if the communal riots take place in the limits of the Bhavani Nagar Police Station. Why was the case filed against him in the Moghal Pura Police Station?? Why was a Rowdy Sheet opened in the Moghal Pura Police Station itself??Why was it then transferred to the Bhavani Nagar Police Station?? .
4) Communal Riots always takes place under the supervision of a political leader or his instigation in the communal riots. This is told by the past and it is clear that it is present through the paper media throughout the Old City. Why wasn’t a single case filed against these Political leaders??
5) It was known through the paper media that a political leader who came to consolidate on Md.Akhil’s death was attacked by Leaders /activists of another political party and why didn’t the government respond in a proper way on this??
6) The death of Md.Akhil who was involved (as per police officials) in the Communal Riots, why didn’t the Home Ministry, Law and Order Ministry couldn’t give a proper review on this?? The Government itself tells that the communal riots matter is a very sensitive, why didn’t the government take proper initiative on this??
7) The Police are not taking independent actions so the Communal Riots are increasing Day-by-Day. Some of the Police Personnels are working as pets for some Political Party’s; this is also a reason for the Communal Riots.
8) There is a lot of influence and threats on the Police Officials by Some Of the Political Leaders who are fanatic religion based fundamentalists especially in the Old City.
9) The Police harassed Md.Akhil regularly.
10) We got the credible information that the A.S.I (Mr.Basheer?), Moghalpura Police Station and Constable (Mr. Rahamaan?) of Bhavani Nagar Police Station have harassed him.
11) The Police would call this Md.Akhil regularly to both the Police Stations Bhavani Nagar and Moghalpura as constables and other officials would have demanded money for closing the Rowdy Sheet.
12) The Police are behaving like Licensed Human Slaughters.
1) The Government should appoint an enquiry commission not less than The Sitting District judge on the enquiry of the total incident of the suicide of Md. Akhil, then only whatever the facts in the incident will come out and Justice will happen to general public than only we can control (some of ) the police officials illegal acts.
2) The Government should take action by prosecution on the Police officials who harassed Md.Akhil and became a reason for his suicide.
3) The Government should revive all the cases of the Communal Riots till now and should close the Rowdy Sheets immediately.
4) An Intellectual committee having independent powers consisting of members of Civil Rights, Human Rights, Social Organisations and Concerned Government Officials should be formed immediately, to control the Communal Riots. The Government should take guidelines from this Committee only, for the prevention of these. Then only the Communal Riots can be controlled.
5) The government should give Compensation to the family of Md.Akhil and the Suspect Case filed on his brother Md.Khaleel should be removed immediately.
6) The Government should guide the Police Officials to register the cases against the Political Leaders who are responsible to the Communal Riots instead of innocent persons like Md.Akhil.
16-8-908/7, MALAKPET “X” ROADS