#India -35-year-old awaits murder trial in a juvenile home #WTFnews


Manish Sahu : Lucknow, Thu Jan 17 2013, IE
FP

For over three months now, an observation home in Bareilly meant for juveniles undergoing trial or convicted by the Juvenile Justice Board has had a 35-year-old resident. Rakesh (name changed) was shifted to the home on September 29 as a local court declared that he was a minor at the time of his alleged involvement in a case of dacoity and murder in Shahjahanpur district in 1988.

A daily wage labourer, Rakesh is married and has four children. His eldest son is 12 years old.

Rakesh is estimated to have been around 11 when the crime was committed. Bareilly Observation Home superintendent Chabinath Rai said he was lodged there on the order of the Juvenile Justice Board. “Considering his age, we keep him away from other inmates. Till now, no inmates have objected,” said Rai.

Tasneem Kausar, a member of the Juvenile Justice Board at Shajahanpur, said they were only following the norms of the Juvenile Justice Act.

The incident dates back to December 1988, when unidentified men beat up residents of a house in Shahjahanpur, fired at them and decamped with valuables. Two of the injured later died. Police arrested seven persons in the case — Jai Ram, Rakesh, Lalla Ram, Nandu, Sadhu, Nanne and Lalla.

In April 1989, Sadhu and Lalla Ram were discharged for want of proof. Rakesh’s lawyer Virendra Pal Singh Chauhan said “trial of only three persons was conducted”. On December 12, 2011, a court held Nanne, Jagdish and Rakesh guilty.

“Before the court could pronounce the sentence, I told it that Rakesh was a minor at the time of the incident. In his statement before the court earlier that year, Rakesh had mentioned his age as 34. This means he was a minor in 1988. The court did not pronounce Rakesh’s punishment, but sentenced Nanne and Jagdish to life imprisonment,” said Chauhan.

On September 28 last year, the sessions court declared that Rakesh was a minor during the incident and referred the matter to the Juvenile Justice Board.

Fatwa prohibits uploading photos on matrimonial, social networking sites #WTFnews #censorship


Twitter

Agencies : Bareilly, Fri Dec 21 2012, ,IE

An organisation of Sunni Muslim clerics here have termed as ‘haraam‘ the uploading of photos on the internet for matrimonial purpose and on social networking sites.

The fatwa issued by Madarsa Manzar-e-Islam of Dargah Aala Hazrat came in response to a question posed by a man from Kanpur.

He had asked whether it was appropriate according to Islamic laws to post pictures on matrimonial and social

networking sites.

Mufti Syed Mohammad Kafeel replied that this action would be considered ‘haraam’. However, he said bio-data could be posted on the internet without photo.

Imam of Shahi Jama Masjid Mufti Khurshid Alam said a fatwa of Mufti Azam Hind was already available in which he has termed photos without necessity as ‘haraam’.

He, however, said a photo can be used for passport and other application forms wherever it is necessary.

 

Archives

Kractivism-Gonaimate Videos

Protest to Arrest

Faking Democracy- Free Irom Sharmila Now

Faking Democracy- Repression Anti- Nuke activists

JAPA- MUSICAL ACTIVISM

Kamayaninumerouno – Youtube Channel

UID-UNIQUE ?

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 6,228 other followers

Top Rated

Blog Stats

  • 1,839,209 hits

Archives

April 2021
M T W T F S S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  
%d bloggers like this: