People’s Movemenmt Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE)
In October 2012 Toyota company recalled 7.4 million cars after discovering faulty window switches in 12 of its world-famous models. It was the biggest single recall since Ford had taken 8 million vehicles off the road in 1996 for a faulty ignition module. In November 2012 Toyota called back 2.8 million cars to fix faulty steering columns and water pumps.
On March 16, 2007, popular brands of pet food were withdrawn across the United States because of the presence of ‘melamine,’ an industrial chemical found in plastics and resins. In July 2007, the European Union’s RAPEX (rapid alert system) had alerted the member states’ governments to pull two brands of Chinese-made toothpaste, Spearmint and Trileaf Spearmint, from the European shelves because they contained ‘diethylene glycol,’ a constituent of anti-freeze. In August 2007, the world’s biggest toy company, Mattel, recalled millions of toys modeled on Sesame Street’s Big Bird and Elmo, and Nickelodeon’s Dora the Explorer because of high lead levels in the paint used.
Mr. Narayanasamy and his ilk should understand that bad luck and harsh justice befall those who put innocent people’s lives on harm’s way. On August 11, 2007, Zhang Shuhong, co-owner of the Lee Der Toy Company, that was a major supplier to Mattel, committed suicide at one of his factories. On July 10, 2007, China executed the former head of its food and drug administration, Zheng Xiaoyu, for dereliction of duty and taking 6.5 million Yuan (about US $ 850,000) in bribes from the manufacturers of substandard medicines that had been blamed for several deaths. The blabbering mouths should learn a few things from these incidents.
- AERB’s sloppy sarkari reply on Koodankulam (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- NPCIL,AERB and KKNPP Dodge the Substandard Equipment Issue (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Women of Koodadankulam – We do not want to be branded terrorists #Vaw #Womenrights (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Five men have been killed in KKNPP in 3 months mostly due to electric shock (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Koodankulam: THE HINDU’s Bias Stands Exposed #Censorship #Medua (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Koodankulam Must Be Stopped: Dr. A Gopalakrishnan #nuclear (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Call for endorsement- Citizens Statement Demanding Independent Enquiry into Koodankulam Safety (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Evidence of substandard equipment from Zio-Podolsk in Koodankulam (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- An Open Letter To The KKNPP Employees (ramyabdeljabbar.wordpress.com)