AGARTALA | DEC 07, 2012, Outlook
“I have written a letter to the Union Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Minister K V Thomas to withdraw the proposal for direct subsidy cash transfer and also clarify in detail how the new system would help the poor,” state Food and Civil Supply minister Manik De said.
The new system would be introduced in 51 districts of the country and the four districts of Tripura were also included among them.
De said the state government has received a communication from the Centre that all the card holders of ration shops should make their bank accounts for transferring the cash subsidy.
“It is difficult to get new bank accounts within January and also include their Aadhar (UID) numbers and send it to the Centre. In rural areas the banks are inadequate in number. The new system would leave us into inconveniences”, he told reporters.
- Direct Cash Transfer – Socialism, Cash Down #UID #Aadhaar (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Banking hiccups are the biggest challenge for direct transfer of subsidy #Aadhar #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Aadhaar-obsessed Indian Government should check ground reality #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Draft Twelfth Five Year Plan 2012-17 Planning Commission GOI, can be downloaded (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Tripura to computerise PDS operations (vancouverdesi.com)
- Faking news: Babus, netas discuss how to loot cash transfers #UID #Aadhar (kractivist.wordpress.com)