Worse still, there has been no acknowledgement of receipt of the letters, let alone the courtesy of a reply, to date.
And just today, when I spoke to Uday Kumar in Idinthakarai – to tell him of our round of visits to party leaders and MPs in Delhi on the issue of Koodankulam and Nuclear Energy, he gave us the shocking news below:
This is both shocking and frightening. for the last three days a group of us has been doing the rounds in Delhi, meeting MPs from many political parties to raise concerns on Koodankulam, why nuclear energy , and demanding action against the
What recourse do we have as citizens when even Parliament is unable or unwilling to take action on such blatant trampling of a peaceful, totally non violent campaign with all the might of the law against unarmed citizens who were only carrying out their democratic right to raise their concerns against the imposition of a dangerous plant in their midst?
RAISE YOUR VOICES, ORGANISE, AGITATE, DEMAND THE RELEASE OF ALL THOSE ARRESTED. AND YES, AN IMMEDIATE MORATORIUM ON THE REACTOR.
In closing, may I add that it this point it does not matter if you personally believe or dont believe in the value or inevitability of Nuclear energy for India. Personally I oppose it totally, but right now we are protesting the sheer brutality , as also the arbitrary and authoritarian manner in which the State has chosen to put down peaceful dissent.
Please raise your voices in and from every forum to which you belong. Write, speak, send messages to the leadership – both national and especially in Tamil Nadu.
I can do no better than to leave you with this inspirational message from Dr Helen Caldicott which I am copying below. Hard hitting and direct. Can she be more clear?!
Greetings to all – in solidarity – and requesting you to pass this on widely – take action as you think fit, we need to be heard.\Lalita Ramdas
- #India-*Do We Exist? -Fifth Letter From The Women Of Idinthakarai #Koodankulam #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Demand Release of PMANE Women activists from Trichy Jail #mustshare (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Appeal for Funds for Koodankulam #mustshare (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #Australia Award-winning Filmmaker #David Bradbury detained on way to Koodankulam -plant (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Sixth Letter From Women of Koodankulam (chaikadai.wordpress.com)
- #India #Koodankulam Letter to Heads of States/Governments (kractivist.wordpress.com)