“I never understand why the police always take the side of villains. Whether it is Haryana or Karnataka, it is the same. No sympathy over the plight of women,” chief justice Vikramajit Sen observed. A division bench headed by Justice Sen warned police that if sufficient security isn’t provided to Syed Karim, father of a 14-year-old rape victim, and her family, the court would have to “come down heavily”.
Karim’s lawyer, M K Vijayakumar, said police have not registered cases despite the family naming the accused and his associates, who attacked the girl’s father thrice.
Justice Sen observed that 50% of the movies made in India are vulgar, referring to “those gyrating persons (whom) we call heroines”. He mentioned the flippant and sexist remark made recently by a Union minister in a poem and wanted to know whether he had been removed.
Earlier, the government advocate informed the court that in all the cases mentioned in Karim’s PIL, the accused have been arrested.
However, the counsel for the petitioner said that unabated transfer of officials was not helping the investigation.
The petitioner has stated that within one week in October, there were eight rape cases in Karnataka, including that of a law student and of three bar girls from Bangalore.
- India- Karnataka Court asks #Army not to behave like #Khap Panchayats #VAW #genderjustice (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India-Three Bangalore bar girls gang-raped #Vaw #Rape (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India-Haryana’s bestial rape chronicles or where a rapist is considered ‘a real man’ #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- Haryana Horror- Minor alleges gang rape by 12 men #Vaw #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India-Fact Finding Report on the #Rapes in #Haryana #Vaw #torture (kractivist.wordpress.com)