Poor UID enrolments have authorities tweaking targets


By , TNN | Nov 25, 2012, 05.54 AM IST

PUNE: The city administration is a hopeful body. When it launched its second phase for Aadharenrolments in July this year, it hoped that 80 % of the city residents would register for the ambitious scheme by December. A month away from the deadline it had set for itself, officials did a quick reality check and brought down the registrationtarget to 60 %. However, even now less than 50 % of the city’s residents have registered for Aadhar even as those who did register last year await their unique identification numbers.In fact, a recent report on registrations indicates that enrolments haven’t picked momentum even in the cantonments, municipal councils and rural parts of Pune district. Only 54 % registrations have been completed in municipal areas and 30% in cantonments and the 13 talukas that fall under Pune district. The district’s overall scorecard on enrolments thus paints a grim picture__ a good 65 % of Pune district’s citizens are not yet registered.

Authorities blame dearth of centres, trained manpower as well as citizen apathy towards the project in general as the key reason for poor enrolments. District collector Vikas Deshmukh, who is now taking steps to expedite registrations said that as many as 200 additional centers will be set up and 200 additional machines installed in the city and rural parts in the near future. “As per the plan, 80 % UID registrations were expected to be done by December 2011, which is now a difficult target. However, we are now planning to touch a 60% mark by December. Arrangements are being made for this. The locations for the new centres have been identified,” he said

 

Maharashtra- Aadhaar Card SCAM #UID #Biometrics


KDMC ‘Corporators’ are issuing Aadhar Cards in Kalyan!

By अजिंक्य भातंब्रेकर | ajinkya.bhatambrekar@jaimaharashtranews.com | 03 Nov Sat, 2012 | Updated 4:30 pm IST

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

Kalyan: Aadhar card, which is the photo identity proof of your citizenship is being made illegally in Kalyan and Dombivali. Shockingly, Kalyan-Dombivali Municipal Corporation’s (KDMC) corporators are interfering in this whole illegal process. And more shockingly, KDMC deputy commissioner agreed this fact. But he clarified that corporators doesn’t have any right or authority to give the Aadhar card to the citizens.

Our Jai Maharashtra’s reporter got the wind of this shocking matter which was being operated at Kalyan’s Beturkar Pada area. When he went there and inquired about the whole incident, some shocking revelations came out. People, who doesn’t have the adequate proofs of their residential area were being given these Aadhar Cards by merely showing the Corporators’ reference application.

About this incident, our reporter asked a question to KDMC deputy commissioner Ganesh Deshmukh. And Deshmukh agreed that this kind of incidents are happening in that area. But Deshmukh also told that, “corporators are not allowed to authorise such kind of important identity proofs without KDMC’s consent. It is totally illegal.”

That is how Jai Maharashtra revealed all these illegal wrongdoings were done by the KDMC corporators. These corporators are doing these things just to secure their vote bank, which is very sad. But something needs to be done about this as soon as possible.

 

The posters that landed retired SIMI secy in jail #draconianlaws #ban


 

Muzamil Jaleel : New Delhi, Fri Sep 28 2012, 03:41 hrs

Cases registered 12 years ago — before SIMI was even banned — on flimsy charges and an investigation that has been rapped for loopholes left Munir Deshmukh a wanted man for years and have kept him in jail for the past 21 months. Once the SIMI national secretary, Deshmukh retired from the organisation in February 2001, seven months before it was banned.

OCTOBER 22, 2000

It was 11 months before the first ban on SIMI in September 2001 that Deshmukh had the first FIRs filed against him in two police stations in Bhopal the same day. Both FIRs related to exactly the same “incriminating” evidence — a SIMI poster.

The Taliyya police station registered an FIR that said a poster with “Students Islamic Movement of India (West) MP” written in English on it had been found pasted near Kulsum Bi’s mosque, near Budhwara, Bhopal. No individual was named. Subsequently, police alleged that posters similar to the one pasted near the mosque had been seized from Deshmukh and five other accused: Sorab Ahmed, Maulana Arsad, Abdul Razzaq, Mohd Alim and Kashlid Naim.

The seizure memo stated that on October 25, three days after the FIR, police seized five posters and 10 pamphlets from “under the bed of Munir Deshmukh” at his house, A-47, Shahpur, Habibganj, Bhopal.

The poster had “Pasbode na bano, sulah ki darkhwasth na karo, tum hi Ghalib rahoge, Navede Sehar conference 10, 11, 12 November 2000 Mukam Wadi e sehar, Dragaah Maidan ke Pas, Khajra, Indore, also written in English. The pamphlet had “Indore Chalo, Indore Chalo in bold letters”, said the FIR.

The writing the police found incriminating is actually from Verse 35 of Surah Mohammad of the Quran. The conference was primarily a religious congregation. In fact, the poster had the address and phone number of the organisers on it.

The chargesheet was filed five years later, on July 13, 2005, against the six accused under various sections of the IPC and the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.

The second FIR against Deshmukh was registered at the Shahjahanabad police station in Bhopal. Deshmukh was again charged along with the same five other accused for a similar SIMI poster, this time near Murgi Wali Masjid in Shahjahanabad.

The police claimed to have raided Deshmukh’s house on October 23, 2000, which was two days before the raid on his house in the earlier case. The seizure memo stated the police recovered 14 posters with the Quranic verse “pasbode na bano…”, 20 pamphlets that had “Students Islamic Movement of India, MP” and “Indore chalo” written on them, and a June 2000 edition of Tehreek magazine.

The chargesheet against the six was filed on December 6 that year for “promoting communal disharmony and committing acts detrimental to national integration”.

It was never explained how the same set of posters seized on October 23, 2010, from Deskhmukh’s house turned up again at his residence two days later. And not just at his house but at those of the five other accused too.

SEPTEMBER 27, 2001

The day SIMI was banned, a third FIR was registered against Deshmukh, at the Habibganj police station in Bhopal under the UAPA. Inspector Girish Bore stated that he was tipped off about “SIMI activist” Munir Deshmukh “running activities from his residence”. A team raided Deshmukh’s house in the presence of two witnesses, Akhilesh Jain and Naval Singh, but didn’t find him. The FIR said that he had absconded “with the document and the campaigning material”. The chargesheet was filed on December 24, 2002. Apart from the UAPA, Deshmukh was booked under IPC sections 153 B (committing acts detrimental to national integration) and 295 A (outraging the feelings of a religious group).

According to advocate Sajid Ali of Bhopal, yet another FIR was filed in Habibgunj in 2001 against Deshmukh under the Prevention of Corruption Act, accusing him of having assets disproportionate to his sources of income. He said judge R P S Chouhan acquitted Deshmukh in that case earlier this week.

DECEMBER 11, 2010

In December 2010 — 10 years after the police first filed an FIR against him and nine years after they said he was absconding — Deshmukh was arrested. After his arrest, Deshmukh, who had been living in Hyderabad where he ran an IT firm, had another case slapped against him in Andhra Pradesh, this time for impersonation, for having documents stating his name as “Munir Ahmad”.

THE CASES IN COURT

* In the first case registered at Taliyya police station, first class judicial magistrate Rama Jayant Mittal acquitted Deshmukh and the other accused on July 10 this year.

* In the second identical poster case, first class judicial magistrate Varsha Sharma sentenced Deshmukh and the others to three years of rigorous imprisonment on August 3, 2011, for creating “unpleasantness between Hindus and Muslim community’’ after eight years of trial.

During the trial, one of the witnesses said he “does not recognise the accused”, a second witness said the police made him sign documents but didn’t know whether the documents were “blank or filled up” and a third witness said he didn’t know anything about the incident.. An appeal has been filed against the judgment.

* Ruling in the third case on October 22, 2011, R P Sonkar, additional CJM and special judge, Bhopal, threw out the charges under the UAPA but convicted Deshmukh and the others under Sections 153 B and 295 A of the IPC, holding them “guilty of committing acts detrimental to national integration and outraging the feelings of a religious group”. They have gone into appeal against this order too.

Judge Sonkar’s court held that there were evident gaps in the version of the prosecution – the original seizure memo and case diary had gone missing/were “misplaced” and most of the evidence that was filed before the judge was in the form of illegible photocopies. The prosecution had claimed that the written statements of key witnesses had been enclosed in the missing case diary. One of the witnesses, incidentally, turned hostile during the trial and denied the prosecution’s version.

The order noted that the officer who granted sanction for prosecution in the case under the UAPA, Alok Ranjan, MP’s secretary (home), had said during cross-examination that “he was not aware when he granted the sanction” and that “at the time of granting the sanction he had no knowledge about statements of which witnesses were enclosed”.

The judge also remarked that Ranjan was junior in rank to that prescribed under the UAPA for clearing prosecution. Deshmukh was charged under Sections 10 & 13 of the UAPA, which needed sanction from the Centre.

Deshmukh’s Bhopal-based lawyer Parvez Alam accuses the government and courts of ignoring rules.“According to sections 45 and 42 of the UAPA, the state government does not have the power to issue the sanction. Then again according to section 45 of the UAPA, the court cannot take cognisance of charges without the sanction of appropriate authorities. The home secretary is giving sanction for prosecution under all sections when he can do so only under sections 7 and 8. The courts accepted that,” Alam said.

He said police are missing deadlines for filing chargesheets; on occasions they took five years. “In a case under section 153A and B of IPC (promoting communal disharmony and acts detrimental to national integration), if the chargesheet is filed after three years, the court cannot take cognisance.”

About the loss of the case files, he said the court had asked the DGP to register a case within six months against those involved in misplacing the original file but police didn’t do anything.

Deshmukh had four case in Indore and one in Ujjain against him, Alam said, adding he got bail in the Ujjain one last week

 

Man commits suicide after wife’s sterilization


 | Apr 27, 2012

 BHOPAL: The sterilization fiasco in Madhya Pradesh refuses to die down.

Lamenting the decision of making his wife undergo sterilization two months ago, a 35-year-old man, father of six daughters committed suicide in Betul district on Wednesday. His wife, who went under the scalpel in February, alleged that her husband was promised a plot of land and cash by the panchayat secretary and sarpanch of the village in exchange for the sterilization.

On the woman’s complaint, the district administration has ordered an inquiry into the case. Kanchan Dongre, CEO of the Janpadh panchayat in Maultai said, “Action will be taken based on the inquiry report.” The police also registered a case and started its probe into the suicide.

Prakash Deshmukh, resident of Sandiya village, seven km from Betul town and 150 km south of Bhopal, consumed poison on Wednesday afternoon. Neighbours rushed him to the district hospital where he was declared dead. Deshmukh and his wife Kala worked as agricultural labourers.

In the beginning of the year, the state saw a sharp rise in vasectomy surgery numbers after chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan declared 2012 as the year for family planning and welfare. District administration officers went all out to fix targets for number of sterilisations and implementation. Reports of forced vasectomy and allurement to make people go under the scalpel poured from across the state.

Wife of the deceased, Kala Deshmukh, accused that her husband too asked her to undergo sterilisation after panchayat secretary Hemant Barde and sarpanch Vijay Thakre of the village lured with promises of a plot of land and money.

On February 14, I was operated upon. After that day, my husband kept meeting the panchayat secretary for the land and money without any success.

Panchayat secretary Hemant Barde could not be contacted but sarpanch Vijay Thakre said, “The couple have six children and have no money to feed them. We did not lure them with impossible dreams but informed them of the various schemes of the state government for BPL families.”

Immediate Release-Complaint for FIR filed at ACB against Vilasrao Deshmukh & High Court Judges


Vilasrao Deshmukh

Vilasrao Deshmukh (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

· Vilasrao does it again, another day, another scam.
· Land meant for housing the dishoused grabbed by the Judges of Bombay High Court.
· Complaint filed for registration of FIR against politician, bureaucrats & judges.

In another case of brazen nexus of the politicians and bureaucrats, it has come forth that the present day Cabinet Minister, Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh in his capacity of Chief Minister, Maharashtra in connivance of Shri CS Sangeetrao-then Collector-Mumbai , Shri SS Zende- the then Collector Mumbai Suburban, Shri RC Joshi-Principal Secretary Dept of Revenue & Forest, Shri Ramanand Tiwari- Principal Secretary Urban Development Department entered into a criminal conspiracy to grab over land that was reserved as Housing of the Dishoused at Bandra. What is more shocking is the fact that this was done to benefit the NyaySagar CHS that had judges of Bombay High Court as its members.

A complaint demanding registration of FIR under section 120-b read with section 13(1)(d) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 is being filed with the office of Director-Anti Corruption Bureau against Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh, Shri CS Sangeetrao, Shri SS Zende, Shri RC Joshi, Shri Ramanand Tiwari, Justice Vijay Chaganlalji Daga, Justice Ajay Manikrao Khanwilkar, Justice Gavai, Justice Ghodeshwar, Justice Sundram Radhakrishnan, Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde, Justice Prasankumar Vinayak Kakde, Justice Rajender Lodha, Justice GD Patil, Justice H. E. Rebello, Justice DK Deshmukh, Justice DB Bhosale, Justice DG Karnik, Justice DY Chandrachud.

In the year 2001, serving judges of Bombay High Court came together and formed a CHS by the name of Nyay Sagar CHS and approached Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh for allotment of government land. They identified Survey No 341(Part) CTS No 629 Bandra East, which at that time was reserved for Housing the Dishoused and thus could not be allocated. To bypass this Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh ordered his subordinates, especially Shri CS Sangeetrao-then Collector-Mumbai , Shri SS Zende- the then Collector Mumbai Suburban, Shri RC Joshi-Principal Secretary Dept of Revenue & Forest, Shri Ramanand Tiwari- Principal Secretary Urban Development Department to change the DP reservation so that the land that was meant for the dishoused could be allocated to the Judges for fulfilling their greed as none of them is staying in the flat as all have been given on rent and are earning atleast rupees one lakh per month as rent.

Further, the Letter of Intent was issued to Nyay Sagar CHS, even before a decision was taken to allot the land, the possession of the land was given to the Society on date 26.3.2003, even though the final decision of allotting the said land to the said society was taken much later on 22.6.2004. More shockingly the Notification asking for suggestions and objections on the proposed change in DP reservation from Housing of the Dishoused to Residential zone on date 16 june 2004 and just six days after it i.e on date 22 june 2004 the final allotment of the land was done, though the time for filing suggestions were open for thirty days more.

Thus the process of change of DP reservation was mere an eye wash to fool the public as the decision to allot the same to the judges was taken much earlier. To do all this the Judges met Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh at his residence in the year 2002, decisions were taken at these meetings, they used their official letter head of being High Court Judge though the purpose for which they were writing was totally personnel, thus it was inappropriate and abuse of official power on the part of the judges.

The allotment of land meant for the neediest sections of the society to the most powerful is a clear case where those in power are abusing the power though they are entrusted with the authority for the greater common good. On one hand the slum dwellers in Mumbai are to face evictions and demolitions, decision regarding which are taken by the very same Ministers, Bureaucrats & Judges who get tighter into a nexus and grab the lands that are rightly meant for them but label the slum dwellers as encroachers and illegal while themselves engaging in acts of encroaching over the rights and lives of the poor.

Simpreet Singh Santosh Thorat Amit Maru Akhilesh

Jameela Hyder Imam Hrishikesh Sawant Siraj

(8976252804)