TNN | Nov 1, 2012, 02.31AM IST
According to Kohar, vulgar music is a great distraction for those behind the wheel. “Frequent playing of vulgar music in buses not only generates mental pollution among passengers but is also instrumental in fatal accidents due to distraction,” he said.
The minister has issued the ban orders to the state transport department, asking officials to implement the same with immediate effect.
Kohar said strict action would be taken against drivers violating the order.
To keep an eye, and an ear, on the lovers of “vulgar songs”, special teams would soon be set up to conduct random surprise checks on the state transport buses, said a senior official of the transport department.
Agreeing that there has not been any bus accident caused by vulgar music in recent memory, the officials added that “prevention is always better than cure”.
The officials said the state censor board would be of great help in marking vulgar songs. The Punjab government has already constituted its own censor board following protests against many Punjabi singers, who are accused of demeaning women in their sexually suggestive songs.
The transport minister has also asked the passengers to inform him if they came across drivers playing vulgar music. The state transport department has a fleet of 3,500 buses for the state and inter-state travels.
SO WHICH ARE VULGAR SONGS PL LIST IN COMMENTS WILL BE INTERESTING READ
- #India- Haryana khap blames wedding ceremonies at night for road mishaps (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- Khap panchayats of Haryana demand changes in Hindu marriage Act #WTFnews #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- Women don’t need mobile phones as they get distracted #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Haryana khap blames consumption of chinese food for rapes #WTFnews #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- India- Karnataka Court asks #Army not to behave like #Khap Panchayats #VAW #genderjustice (kractivist.wordpress.com)